Thursday, September 23, 2010

POEM 2: LOVE HAS MADE ME A KID @ HEART... & I LIKE IT

Poem 2:
LOVE HAS MADE ME A KID @ HEART… & I LIKE IT

When u placed ur bets on me
That was quite a gamble
The attraction was obvious
Me: chocolaty, cute, I’ve been called MAN-omi Campbell

2 u none of that really mattered
U saw beyond the posturing
Without dismissing my swagger

AND
U kiss me in the morning
Even though I look haggard

U dig the me that doesn’t have 2 make u laugh
And the fact that if we had an argument the last word I don’t have 2 have
U didn’t care about a car or how much financial cheddar in my account may be heaped
Instead u wonder if I slept soundly no disturbances felt not one peep

U don’t mind that u make me a bit juvenile
And all my poetry lines couplets
U just laugh cuz u don’t care
Then shrug ur shoulders 2 say whatever, fuck it

U wrap me more around ur finger
Everytime ur gaze lingers
Everytime u cry

Or decide 2 let sleeping dogs lie
Everytime u get choked up in ur esophageal
Or exhibit how u keep it real


And if I die b4 I wake God can take my soul
But my heart is urs 2 take.
The wise say love is friendship set on fire
then stand back y’all I’m a 5 alarm 4 u 2 admire.


I choose u because I’d rather be always happy than always be right
Because my minds’ intergalactic synapses finally firing right
I choose you because our family is where I want to be
I choose and so glad you claim me. 
Balled and chained but oh so free
No need 2 say the words
SO:  1 4 3

No comments:

Post a Comment